We at IIP Academy believe in the value of Professional Journalism courses for the students that are willing to become a professional journalist and a media entrepreneur. Understanding the importance of journalism for such students, for the first time in India, IIP brings the Dual Diploma in Digital & Data Journalism. This one-year diploma course will bring Journalism into contemporary context via print, visual and digital medium. The students will learn in detail about print and digital journalism, understand its distinctive features and obtain industrial training which offers a great experience of the media industry.
To meet growing demand for talented and professional journalists, IIP is pleased to offer Dual Diploma in Digital & Data Journalism.
This program delivers in-depth knowledge of Journalism in contemporary context via print, visual and digital medium. The students will get high-pressure creative environment, where they can learn, practice and grow as a professional journalist reporter, and anchor. They learn as well as obtain practical experience about digital video, cameras and sound recording equipment.
|University / Institution||Indian Institute of Photography|
|Program Name||Diploma in Photography
- Faculty of Fine Arts & Design
|Diploma in Professional Photography|
|Eligibility||10th Pass/Evening Degree / Vocational Courses students may also join.|
|Course Duration||One Academic Year|
|Maximum Seats|| Morning Batch - 18 Seats
|Class Days & Batch Timings||Monday to Friday
10.00 AM Onwards
|Placement||100% placement assistance and on-job training by IIP.|
|Starting 11th june||Register for 2018-19 batch|
Dual Diploma in Digital & Data Journalism
New India - New Journalism
1. Understanding India through Journalism
The value of Professional Journalism - Ethics and Norms
2. Photo Journalism
· In this course, we will cover topics from the basics of photography and covers all aspects of photography and photojournalism - from handling newest technologies to handling difficult situations on ground, from understanding the dynamism of the industry to handling people. The teaching is a mix of theory and lots of practical’s in actual working environment.
· The photojournalism course is a major part of Digital journalism course, is a rare learning opportunity. It’s perhaps the only photojournalism course in India that covers all aspects of the profession with such high levels of expertise and in such detail. From teaching how to cover breaking news to sports photography, from shooting spot news, wars, disasters to documentary photography, from handling photo-essays to working with deadlines, from being salaried professionals to teaching ways to be independent photographers.
· It’s a mix of fun and serious professionalism. To get an absolutely hands-on experience, the students will work with in-house online newspaper. This valuable experience provides students a real-life environment of the working of an actual newspaper or magazine. Even during the course, the students start working alongside professionals in the city covering actual news.
· Apart from covering hard news the students work on powerful documentary work across the country that are reviewed and developed throughout the year. To keep with the changing environment in photojournalism, the students are taught the latest and emerging technologies in news gathering, transmission of images and the various forms of display. Keeping this in mind, the students are also taught Video Photojournalism and multimedia, which forms an important part of the curriculum.
3. Web Journalism
1. Data Journalism
2. Marketing and Event Management
The student must successfully complete every course of study with a passing grade or better.
Total fee for 1 Year – Rs. 1,55,000
Rs 40000 at the time of Registration
Scope & Placement
Expected Learning Outcomes: Conventional Journalism to New Age Journalism
IIP Academy, the first institute in India that bringing Journalism into contemporary context via print, visual and digital medium. The students will become a professional journalist, a reporter, and a media entrepreneur. Skills learned as a result of successful completion of this workshop include:
The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a high-pressure creative environment.
Learn the fundamental of developing, producing and directing a short film.
Experienced working as a director, producer and cinematographer, sound mixer and editor on student productions.
An in-depth experience working with digital video, cameras and sound recording equipment.
Hostel | Facility
The institute offers a home away from home. We offer a community where students develop friendships, share experiences, learn from each other, and feel part of a supportive and caring community
Food | Laundry | Gym | Transport | Indoor Sports
There exist a number of opportunities in a wide variety of avenues for placement
Advertising | Media Production Houses | New Agencies | Corporate Houses
Registration Open | 18 Students | Starting 23rd April
Certification from Himalayan University & IIP Academy
IIPian Vishwas Sunita Shrivastava
*Adventurer *Vernacular *Traveller
The photographer with a true zeal, Vishwas, employed otherwise but striving for his innermost passion to turn into his dream profession has joined IIP Academy and become an IIPian in our one year Weekend Photography..
Meet IIPian Mudhit Mehra | DDPC 2016-17 | Hails from Himachal Pradesh
*Soft spoken *Creative *Solution oriented*
A sharp shooter, Mudhit is always right on the spot to focus and look how he shifts it capturing the perfect photographic moment. His brilliance illustrate his photographic eye...